Champagne Brut Rosé - Francis Orban

38.52
Quantity
 

Secure and Guaranteed Transactions

 

Returns of goods guaranteed by law

TASTING NOTES

Beautiful soft pink, fine and persistent perlage. On the nose, notes of red fruits (blueberries, wild strawberries, blackcurrants, raspberries) emerge immediately as sublime airy breaths, with good mineral zest and citrusy hints of bitter orange. In the mouth it is persistent, with intense fruity returns. Well-balanced.

PAIRINGS

It is perfect to accompany the whole meal, from appetizers to main courses of fish or meat. To stay in Italy, try it with Arnad lard, or for a more classic pairing try it with swordfish carpaccio or smoked sturgeon: life will seem better!

n this Brut Rosé Champagne from Francis Orban, all the character of the pure pinot meunier emerges, with the fruity and mineral notes typical of the varietal. Very pleasant, slightly more rustic than the versions that oenologist Francis Orban creates with white vinification, this rosé made from pinot meunier expresses great character, with a citrus aftertaste, almost like a bitter orange, which closes the palate after the freshness and savouriness perceived at the start. A very pleasant wine, without compromise, ideal for fans of the genre, which can accompany the whole meal, but also just for a stylish aperitif.

"This is how Francis Orban's biography could begin. In 2007, after completing his studies as an oenologist, he decided to set up his own business, producing Champagne in his own very personal style. He is certainly not a neophyte or an improvised Francis, no sir, because he can boast of noble births in the world of Champagne viticulture. In fact, the family portrait sees his great-grandfather Léopold Orban as a pioneer of sparkling wine production in the village of Leuvrigny, followed by subsequent generations, up to the courageous Francis, who turned the tables and began producing Champagne in his own style.

The estate vineyards cover a total of 7.5 hectares of land under vine, all in the commune of Leuvrigny, on the right bank of the Marne. The village of Leuvrigny is strongly characterised by an ideal southern exposure, combined with an exceptional clay-limestone soil and a perfect microclimate, particularly suited to the cultivation of Pinot Meunier, the emblematic vine of Francis Orban's cultivation - to which a small crop of Chardonnay is added -. Pinot Noir is a vine that best expresses its fruity, rounded and fascinating components here.

Between the rows, the only objective is to bring healthy and fragrant grapes to the harvest, while in the cellar, vinification takes place mainly in 300-litre barrels and in barriques from Burgundy.

Annual production is around 60,000 bottles, 80% of which are sold in France and the remaining 20% abroad. The various labels produced include Brut Réserve, Brut Prestige and Rosé, while the "Millésime" and "Cuvée Orban" deserve a separate mention. These bubbles remain on the lees for 72 months and are only produced when the conditions of the vintage deserve to be remembered in two bottles of the highest quality.

35 Items

Data sheet

Grado alcolico
12,0 %
Origine
Francia
Vitigno
Chardonnay 50%, Pinot Nero 50%
Formato
0,750 L.
Metodo
Metodo Classico

Specific References

16 other products in the same category: